If you have been injured due to a traffic offense law violation in Philadelphia, PA, then it is important that you understand your rights and how best to protect them. There are many different types of personal injury claims that can arise from traffic offenses and understanding the applicable laws can help ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. This article will discuss what you need to know about personal injury from a traffic offense law violation in Philadelphia, PA so that you can make informed decisions about your case. By learning more about traffic offense law violations in Philadelphia, PA, and the personal injury claims that accompany them, you can ensure that you are properly protected and prepared if an unfortunate incident arises.
Common Causes Of Action For Personal Injury Claims Arising From Traffic Violations In Philadelphia, PA
In Philadelphia, PA, personal injury claims arising from traffic violations can often be brought against the party responsible for the violation. Common causes of action include:
Negligence is when a person’s conduct falls below the duty of care required by law, or when they fail to take reasonable steps to prevent harm or injury. Negligence can be established by proving that the defendant acted carelessly and failed to take reasonable steps to avoid an accident.
Careless driving is when a person fails to pay attention while behind the wheel, disregards traffic laws, drives too fast for conditions, takes risks on the road, or drives while distracted. If a plaintiff can prove that the defendant’s careless actions caused an accident and resulted in injury, they may have a valid cause of action for personal injury.
Reckless behavior is when someone behaves with willful disregard for the safety of others on the road. This includes things like drunk driving, running red lights, and driving aggressively. If a plaintiff can prove that the defendant’s reckless behavior was the cause of an accident, they may be able to bring a personal injury claim against them.
Regardless of the cause of action, it is important to remember that every personal injury case is unique and must be evaluated on its facts.
What To Do If You Have Been Injured From A Traffic Offense Law Violation In Philadelphia, PA
If you have been injured as a result of a traffic offense law violation in Philadelphia, PA, it is essential to take quick action to maximize your chances of receiving compensation. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Seek medical attention and document your injuries. You will need to have a comprehensive understanding of the extent of your injuries, as this will be important when filing a claim for damages. Make sure you keep all documents related to hospital visits, medications, treatment plans, and other related costs.
- Report the incident to the police. Even if you do not think that a law has been broken, it is essential to report the incident so that an investigation can occur and your rights can be preserved.
- Gather evidence. Take photographs of the scene, collect witness statements, and document any other relevant information about the accident. It is important to have a clear picture of what happened.
- Consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer. It is important to speak to an attorney who specializes in this area of law, so they can help you understand your rights and represent you in court if a lawsuit needs to be filed.
- File a claim for damages. After consulting with an attorney, your lawyer can help you file a claim for damages against the other driver. This will allow you to recover compensation for medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
Following these steps will give you the best chance of receiving adequate compensation for any injuries suffered as a result of a traffic offense law violation in Philadelphia, PA. It is important to act quickly and seek legal advice from KaplunMarx - Philadelphia as soon as possible so that your rights are protected and you have the best chance of getting the compensation you deserve.
How Can An Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Help?
An experienced personal injury attorney can be an invaluable asset when it comes to navigating a legal case involving an injury caused by a traffic violation in Philadelphia, PA.
- An experienced attorney can help evaluate the evidence and determine who is at fault for the accident, which can be key for securing compensation for medical bills and other costs resulting from the injury.
- An experienced attorney can negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you receive the maximum amount of compensation available.
- An experienced attorney can assist in making sure that all necessary paperwork is filled out accurately and promptly, as well as file any necessary motions or appeals if needed.
- An experienced attorney can provide legal advice on how best to proceed with your case and will be able to provide you with a better understanding of the legal process and how it may affect your case.
With their knowledge and expertise, an experienced personal injury attorney can make sure that you get the best outcome possible for your case.
Types Of Compensation For Personal Injury Claims In Philadelphia, PA
When someone has been injured in Philadelphia due to a traffic offense violation, they may be eligible for various types of compensation to cover their losses. Depending on the severity of the injury, the victim may be able to claim damages for:
- Medical expenses can include doctor visits, hospital stays, medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages reflect the income that was not earned due to the injury.
- Property damage covers any damaged items due to the accident, such as a car or bike.
- Pain and suffering are non-economic damages that compensate an injured person for physical and emotional distress.
In some cases, victims can also receive punitive damages if it is found that the offender’s behavior was particularly egregious. This is a form of compensation meant to punish the violating party and discourage similar behaviors in the future.
If you or someone you know has been injured in Philadelphia due to a traffic offense violation, it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. An experienced injury lawyer will be able to evaluate your case and determine the best course of action.
Statute Of Limitations For Filing A Personal Injury Claim in Philadelphia, PA
Those filing a personal injury claim resulting from a traffic offense law violation in Philadelphia, PA must adhere to the state's statute of limitations. This means that any such claim must be initiated within two years of the accident or other incident in question. Failing to do so can result in a dismissal or denial of the claim by a court of law. It is therefore important for individuals affected by such an incident to seek legal advice and initiate the claim as soon as possible.
The time frame for initiating a personal injury claim in Philadelphia, PA may be extended if it can be proven that certain circumstances existed which prevented filing within the two-year statute of limitations. These extenuating circumstances may include mental illness, physical disability, or a delay in receiving necessary medical care. It is important to note that these circumstances must be proven for the court to consider an extension of the statute of limitations.
In some cases, the statute of limitations may also be extended if it is proven that there was a lack of knowledge about the law or the legal claims process. In such cases, individuals may be granted a one-year extension on the statute of limitations to allow for the necessary research and consultation with an attorney.
How Long Does It Take To Reach A Resolution?
The resolution of cases involving an injury caused by a traffic offense violation can often take some time in Philadelphia, PA. Depending on the severity of the injury and the nature of the offense, this process can take anywhere from several weeks to several months or more.
When an injury is sustained due to a traffic violation, it is often necessary to contact the police department and file a report. Depending on the particular case, other parties may also need to be contacted or involved in the process, such as insurance companies, attorneys, and medical providers. Additionally, court dates may be set for those involved to reach a legal resolution. All of this can take considerable time before a final resolution is reached.
To ensure that your case is addressed promptly, it's best to consult with a qualified attorney who can provide guidance and advice throughout the process. With an experienced attorney at your side, you can be confident that all necessary steps will be taken to reach a successful resolution in your case.
Contact A Personal Injury Attorney In Philadelphia, PA
When filing a personal injury claim related to a traffic offense violation in Philadelphia, PA, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. KaplunMarx Accident & Injury Lawyers - Philadelphia Office is one such law firm that specializes in helping people who have been injured as a result of someone else's negligence or carelessness. Their attorneys have the knowledge and experience to help you recover the compensation you are entitled to get your life back on track.
Throughout the entire process, the attorneys of KaplunMarx Accident & Injury Lawyers - Philadelphia Office will be available to answer your questions and provide advice on how to best handle your claim. They will also negotiate on your behalf to seek the maximum possible compensation for your injury. Their goal is to help you get the justice and financial recovery that you deserve.
If you have been injured in a traffic violation accident in Philadelphia, PA, contact KaplunMarx Accident & Injury Lawyers - Philadelphia Office today for a free consultation.